Saturday, May 11, 2013

Well, read a few books.  The Wedding Dress by Rachel Hauck was really nice for a faith-based visit to wedding land.  I enjoyed this one very much.  Also read The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes, which was quite good, but not necessarily faith-based reading.  It was actually somewhat confusing, with the feeling of needing to read it over again immediately after finishing it.

Am losing interest in this blog again, and find my attention to reading already strengthened enough to let it go.  I guess if I told some folks about the blog, it might be more entertaining, and maybe there would be comments.  Actually very happily told one library patron about it, so maybe she's checking it out, in which case I would recommend the first book mentioned today.

Am still wrestling with The Sense of an Ending, and would like to read other books by the same author, just to understand this one.  Don't get me wrong, it was good, but dreadfully tragic, with much attention to the concept of remorse.  Reading so much lately only makes me want to read more books, though the housecleaning is important, too!  Wishing anybody reading this a happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment