Thursday, March 28, 2013

Just finished a book that I ended up devouring once I got into it.  The Breakdown Lane, by Jacquelyn Mitchard, is a very thoughtful and sensitive portrayal of a lady going through a hard time along with her MS diagnosis.  The characters are endearing, like in every book that I like, and I think maybe books written for women are more my speed than crime fiction.

What particularly drew me into this book was the fact that the protagonist got very sick, but then got very much better.  It's funny how the world works that way, in good faith.  The book was favorably enhanced by naming scripture verses before specific chapters, that upon looking up added to the engaging story.

Probably chick lit is better for me since there are usually very happy endings.

Next I'm reading This Is How You Lose Her by Junot Diaz.  Very excited because of the satisfactory book length and attractive cover and author.  Hopefully after this I'll finally read The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao.

Visiting the public library is the best.  My heart goes out to all of the books on the shelves.   I can't read every book, but I can, at least, carry a bunch around with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment