Saturday, March 9, 2013

I just read a sweet little book! The Bird Sisters by Rebecca Rasmussen caught my eye, both for the cover art and for the appeal of the title.  It turned out to be quite beautifully written, with a tender and heart filling plot.  It made me so happy that so much was contained in such a well-tended space, and it held the appeal to me as of a singularly good album of music.

Frankly, I take very seriously the album barometer test, and this book passed so worthily that I wished it had a soundtrack.  But how to describe its sweetness?
Maybe that's just it.  The book was just so sweet and tender and lovely, that I daresay it had a melody.

So what to pick up now?  I grabbed a book by Penelope Lively called, "How it All Began."  I've never read this author, but it seems charming from, you guessed it, the cover art and the compelling title.  The title gives me hope that this book just might bring me understanding of the world at large.  I'll keep you posted.

In this Lenten season, I might be switching churches and outlook, but hopefully I'll keep reading and reporting on this silly blog.  Why do I do this, except for the love of typing and no current paper writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment