Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Freud's Mistress, by Karen Mack and Donna Kaufman, was a very much fun read, especially if one is a psychology fan.  Read this recently, though am now taking a nonfiction break. 

Have been realizing that I should totally check the publication date on stuff, though also realizing that sometimes this doesn't matter so much.  Can you trust anything in this world at any given time, any way?  I wish that I were not so suspicious of everything, but at the same time, am glad to be so.

Our Posthuman Future: Consequences of the Biotechnology Revolution by Francis Fukuyama, is the nonfiction dating from 2002 that I'm reading currently.  I grabbed it from the book return box, so was not actually led to the work from any personal intellectual pursuit.  Really, I just love thinking of the future.  I hope it all turns out okay.

My foray into the infidelity of the late nineteenth century has made my nonfiction find even more exciting and thought provoking.  I hope that the future will be tolerable and that there will continue to be great books to read. I still don't agree that men should keep mistresses, though, even if it does make for a fun read on a lazy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment