Monday, December 8, 2014

Yes, I have been reading, but not blogging

So very sorry, but did not mention that I had read The Last Kind Words Saloon by Larry McMurtry.  I found this very interesting, pleasant, and insightful.  How about that Wild West!  Although it is imperative that I read Lonesome Dove in my life journey, now is not quite the time, so this light and elegant novel really made me happy.




Rather frenetically read Life After Life by Kate Atkinson, that was some kind of a thought experiment.  It helped me to understand a little bit more about being a woman, you know, in times of war, and also childbearing, that mystery that is beyond my comprehension.  I've learned that this is not actually a book to recommend to everybody, but I really don't want to be the only person in the whole wide world who has read it.  I doubt very seriously that my husband will read it, though in all fairness, I have not yet read Lonesome Dove.  Who knows what the future holds?




Just finished The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin.  This was a very pleasant read, for those of us that just love books.  Verily happily did I recommend it to an acquaintance who loves books, a Friend of the Library, who no longer holds the book sales in the basement, and is loathe to volunteer after having been notified that she is no longer allowed this territory of her favorite library, because the new director deemed the basement as unsafe, after a minor accident there.  I can't wait to hear what she thinks of this book.  The sci-fi that she recommends is usually too hard for me to read.


Right now my task is to figure out what to read next, even though I think that I had thought of something, though I honestly cannot remember what.  It was probably a self-help book anyway, and I try not to post about those that I read and/or skim.


Happy Holidays!















1 comment:

  1. Who is this lout of a husband you speak of? Seriously, he hasn't read Life After Life? I'd suffocate him in his sleep.

    ReplyDelete