Thursday, April 21, 2016

Right now I'm almost finished with a book that is so lovely that I just had to mention it here!  It is The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs.  This is a volume that makes one glad to be a woman, and ever so appreciative of female relationships.


I'm so close to being done, that probably I'll finish it at lunch today.  Thankfully, there are further books in the series, because I do not want to leave my new knitting friends!


Of course, I'm also reading another book,  Avenue of Mysteries by John Irving.  This is pretty fantastic also, although maybe not for every audience of readers.  I was sort of thinking that maybe John Irving was my favorite author, but then I got further caught up by my knitting ladies.


Yes, there is a bit of contrast in my current reading selections, but thank the Lord that the world is so full of books that all one has to do is open one up and read it for fun.  I forget also that some of the adult themes in books may be  objectionable to some readers, you know, like conservative adults, but I guess I'll just be careful in my recommendations.


Like on my obnoxious blog, that anybody can read.  Really, let's just all be grown ups and think for ourselves, and let's not forget the cardinal rule of book-reading, that you can always close it up and forget about it, if you feel like it.


Best wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment