Sunday, November 18, 2012

Well, now I'm reading 2 books again.  They are: X Saves the World by Jeff Gordinier and Pure by Julianna Baggott.  It's a nice combination as I consider my usual trains of thought: the future and the past, all in terms of the happy present moment.  Really, to keep this current moment happy seems to be my primary occupation, and I hope that this is acceptable.

So the musings about Generation X are fun to read, with lots of good musical memories, except the annoying parts.  I found this book at the dollar store, one of my favorite shopping venues, because of the selection of unusual books.  I really love not the bestsellers because of the great price at the dollar store, and the not always quite belonging.

The specualtive fiction of Pure is of course thought provoking in the worrisome sense, but the story is entertaining thus far.  Let's see, I've read 54 of 431 pages.  I got this book from the public library, which also has good prices, especially if you turn stuff in on time.  I asked another lady if she had liked the book, and she said that it was all right, but obviously not her favorite.  Probably because it is somewhat gloomy.

But wow!  I can't wait until I get my act together and bind up my creative notebook in a better format than this exercise of futility, especially when I get my housecleaning done.  Happy Thanksgiving!  Pretty soon I'll figure out the pictures, hopefully.

Yum yum sweet potatoes.  The first book dates from 2008, and the second from 2012.  How fine is it that we live in the twenty-first century! 

No comments:

Post a Comment