Saturday, November 24, 2012

Pure was pretty good, thought provoking as one considers the apocalypse.  What was alarming was the concept that, in the case of "detonations,"  one might become fused with the immediate environment.  It was also alarming when the idea is promoted that such a horrible act might be enacted on purpose, in an act of purification.  I hope that politicians read this book and say, like, omg.

The Gen X book has been fun to read, as I relived the music of my college years.  I'm not quite finished, but that's okay, because I mean well, right?  It astounds me that I dropped out of college, when I had such a good thing going, but I couldn't keep pace with the drinking, heartbreaking, etc.  Oh well.  I did go to another school and got degrees, but the one would have been so sweet!

Also reading Mother Teresa's biography called, "Come, be my light."  This is serving to be very interesting and inspiring, and I cannot wait to devote my time to it fully.  I'm interested in her bouts of depression, and mainly how it is that she coped, magnificently, like a saint.  This helps me to come to terms with my own terrible depression, except that I don't think that I've handled it as well, obviously.

Thankfully this silly blog is inspiring me to read books, because what could be better anyway.  Not sure what I'll read next.  I think now it's time to enjoy the holidays.  I'm somewhat annoyed that I can't really seem to figure out the pictures (that would make this somewhat cool), but since I don't really care too much, it's all alright. 

Happy thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment