Saturday, September 14, 2013

So, yeah, really enjoyed The Art Forger, as would anyone who loves to think about making art, or just reading books about it.

What was even more exciting was Angelopolis, the follow-up to Angelology, both by Danielle Trussoni.  Fantastic, yet fascinatingly sound.  What interesting characters, and of course, angelic events.  I don't want to give it away by trying to explain it!

I'm also behind the times reading Loving Frank, by Nancy Horan.  Actually I'm usually behind the times with my reading selections, if that hasn't been noticed.  What is so irritating about Loving Frank is the marital infidelity, so I haven't just finished the book, and am drawing it out unnecessarily because of my morals.  Yet I can't deny being curious about the outcome of these characters, despite my bitterness over not becoming an architect my own self.

Thankfully!  This book has made me realize the limits of my ego, which obviously needs constant stoking, despite my dismay over the questionable morals of a real live genius.  Since I'm clearly not an amazing artistic genius my own self, I'm thankfully free to keep up a silly blog with not outstanding graphics.  Yay!

What I have learned from all of this recent reading is that the most important thing to me right now is to  keep on reading and to maintain a positive attitude.  Seriously!  Really what else is there to do but to smile and to make sure that everybody's comfortable, also with a good book in hand.

1 comment: